When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 1 ea. large (1 pint) mason jar
- 1 c. distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 10 ea. cilantro sprigs
- 2 ea. under-ripe Avocados From Mexico, peeled and sliced
- 1 ea. garlic clove, sliced
- 1 T. black peppercorns
- 1 T. yellow mustard seeds
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- In a medium sauce pan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a mason jar, place cilantro sprigs, avocado slices, garlic, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and red pepper flakes. Pour cooled pickling mixture into the jar and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or up to 1 month.