If you are looking to up your burger game for summer or football season, try adding guacamole! It is a creamy and flavorful addition to a beef burger. Easily paired with a salad, whole grain chips or a chilled soup, this burger will satisfy your taste buds. Beyond adding delicious flavor, the avocado featured in this recipe also adds nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a healthy choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1 ea. small tomato, diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & minced (optional)
- 1/2 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ea. lime, juiced
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 lbs. ground beef sirloin
- 1 t. steak seasoning
- 4 ea. burger buns, toasted
- 4 ea. slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 ea. lettuce leaves
- 1 ea. medium tomato, sliced
- 1 ea. small onion, sliced
- Guacamole: In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, salt until well combined.
- Form the ground beef into 4 even patties; season each side with steak seasoning. Cook burgers to desired doneness.
- To assemble, place the burger patty on the bottom bun, then layer with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add a scoop of guacamole and cover with top bun.