When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 1 Avocado From Mexico, cubed
- 3 cups Enriched whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked
- 1/2 Red onion, diced
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes (tricolored), halved
- 1/2 cups Low-sodium canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Spinach, chopped
- 2 oz Reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 Kalamata olives, drained, chopped
- 1/2 Fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 TB Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- Pesto Avocado Dressing
- 1 Avocado From Mexico, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 TB Reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1 TB Red wine vinegar
- 1 TB Avocado oil
- Salad instructions: 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Do not overcook - it is better to have firm pasta or slightly undercooked (al dente). 2. In a separate bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, cheese, olives, chickpeas, and herbs and combine with Pesto Avocado Dressing. Squeeze lemon juice on salad before serving.
- Dressing instructions: In a large bowl combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to prepare pasta salad. Refrigerate any remaining dressing for future use.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.