- 1 cucumber(about 1 pound) peeled seeded and cut into small dice,
- 4 tomatillos (about ½ pound) husked thoroughly rinsed, diced
- 1 tart green apple (granny smith about ½ pound) rinsed, diced
- 2 celery sticks thoroughly rinsed strings removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves Chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1-2 fresh jalapeño or serrano chile finely chopped (seeding optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Kosher or sea salt or to taste
- 3 ripe Avocados from Mexico halved pitted, meat scooped out, diced and gently mashed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Taste for salt, and add more if needed.