Recipe by Pati Jinich
Tart apples take this guac to a whole new level! Paired with celery, onion, cilantro and jalapeño, your friends and will family will love dipping their favorite chip in this tart guacamole, be it for a game watching party or weekend friend gathering. Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 4 ea. tomatillos (about 1/2 pound), husked, thoroughly rinsed, and diced
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and meat scooped out
- 2 ea. celery sticks, throughly rinsed, strings removed, and thinly sliced
- 1 ea. fresh jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, or more to taste
- 1 ea. cucumber (about 1 pound), peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice
- 1 ea. tart green apple (Granny Smith, about 1/2 pound), rinsed and diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 c. lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 t. Kosher or sea salt or to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Taste for salt and add more if needed.