- Sesame Crusted Avocado & Salmon Poke Tacos
- 6 ea. Nori sheets, Cut into 6"x6" Squares
- 3/4 c. Sushi Rice (See Below)
- 3/4 c. Salmon Poke (See Below)
- 6 T. Carrot Jicama Slaw (See Below)
- 6 leaves Thai Basil
- 6 pieces Sesame Crusted Avocado (See Below)
- 2 T. Avo-Sabi Sauce (See Below)
- 2 T. Scallions, Sliced on a Bias
- Sushi Rice
- 1 c. Short Grain Sushi Rice
- 1 T. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 t. Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Granulated Sugar
- Sesame Crusted Avocado
- 6 slices Avocados From Mexico, Stage 3, 1/2" Slices
- 1/2 c. Black and White Sesame Seeds, Toasted
- Carrot Jicama Slaw
- 1 c. Carrot, Shredded
- 1 c. Jicama, Shredded
- 1 T. Chili Garlic Sauce, Prepared
- 1 T. Lime Juice, Fresh
- 1 T. Honey
- 1 T. Sesame Oil
- 1 t. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 t. Kosher Salt
- Avo-Sabi Sauce
- 1/2 c. Avocados From Mexico, Stage 4, Pureed
- 5 T. Cold Water
- 4 t. Lime Juice, Fresh
- 2 t. Wasabi Paste
- 3/4 t. Kosher Salt
- Salmon Poke
- 1 lb. Salmon Filet, Skin and Pin Bones Removed
- 2 T. White Miso Paste
- 1/4 c. Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 T. Mirin
- 1 t. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 T. Sriracha
- Sesame Crusted Avocado & Salmon Poke Taco Directions:
- Build each Taco in the following order and amounts.
- 1 Each Nori Sheet. 6"x6" Square
- 2 Tbsp Sushi Rice
- 2 Tbsp Salmon Poke
- 1 Tbsp Carrot Jicama Slaw
- 1 Leaf Thai Basil Leaf
- 1 Piece Sesame Crusted Avocado Slices
- 1 Tsp Avo-Sabi
- 1 Tsp Scallions
- Sushi Rice Directions:
- Cook sushi rice according to package directions.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once rice is fully cooked, gently fold the vinegar. soy and sugar mixture into the rice.
- Spread the rice evenly on a sheet tray and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Sesame Crusted Avocado Directions:
- In a medium bowl, gently coat avocado slices in the sesame seeds.
- Reserve the sesame crusted avocados in a single layer and hold in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Can be made up to 4 hours ahead of time.
- Carrot Jicama Slaw Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until the carrots and jicama are evenly combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour before using.
- Avo-Sabi Sauce Directions:
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until they are evenly combined.
- Hold in an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed to the surface of the Avo-Sabi Sauce in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Salmon Poke Directions:
- Cut salmon into 0.75" chunks.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Transfer the salmon poke mixture to an airtight container. Hold it in the refrigerator and let marinate an hour before using.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!