Click to: Share, Shop, & Much More!
- 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable oil, prepared
- 1/2 c Yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz Ground beef, lean
- 1 tsp Taco seasoning, prepared
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 EA Salsa, 12 oz jar (approx. 1 1/2 c)
- 6 EA Taco shells
- 2 c Lettuce, fresh, shredded
- 2 c Mexican cheese blend, prepared
- 3/8 c Tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 8 oz Traditional Guacamole
- Traditional Guacamole
- 2 EA Avocados From Mexico, whole, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp White onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 Tbsp Jalapeño peppers, no seeds, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped fine
- Gently mash the avocados with lime juice and salt.
- Gently fold in onions, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro and transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish guacamole with cilantro and serve as needed.
Crispy Beef Tacos with Guacamole:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat. Add onion and sauté until soft. Remove 1/2 cup of the onion and set aside.
- Add beef to onion mixture in skillet, stirring continuously until browned. Break up large chunks of meat while stirring and spoon off any fat from the pan.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 1/4 tsp salt; cook for one minute longer.
- Add salsa to meat and stir until hot and thickened.
- On a working surface, lay taco shells down and evenly distribute lettuce, beef mixture, and cheese. Reserve a few tablespoons of cheese for topping.
- Top with tomatoes and guacamole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.