Plant-focused Portland screams Avocado Thai Tofu Tacos! These tacos boast of a peanut sauced tofu, tangy, homemade veggie slaw, slices of creamy avocado and crunchy peanuts and sesame seeds. Truly a burst of plant-based flavor!
- 8 EA Whole wheat tortillas, 6 inch
- 2 EA Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 3 T Peanuts, crushed
- 1 t Sesame seeds
- 1 EA Tofu, extra firm, block, cubed
- 2 T Avocado oil
- Peanut Sauce
- 2 T Coconut aminos
- 2 T Peanut butter
- 2 t Ginger paste
- 1/2 t Rice vinegar
- 1/2 t Sesame oil
- 3/4 c Cucumber, large dice
- 3/4 c Purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 c Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 T Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 T Honey
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- To taste Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and toss until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peanut Sauce
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and heat in microwave until soft and runny, approx. 10 seconds.
- Add all ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Heat in a medium-large skillet on medium heat. Heat skillet for approx. 2 minutes then add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add tofu. Cook for approx. 15 minutes, rotating sides regularly, until all sides are browned.
- Remove from heat, let cool a few minutes.
- Move tofu to a medium bowl and toss in peanut sauce until well coated.
- Avocado Thai Tofu Tacos
- Assemble tacos by placing slaw on tortilla and evenly distribute tofu.
- Evenly top with avocado slices. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!