Looking for some Miami heat in your tacos? These Avo Cuban Street Tacos are it! Made with savory pulled pork, a tangy pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro slaw with a kick, creamy avocado and topped with cotija cheese, your taste buds will be screaming for more!
- 12 EA Street taco tortillas, white, corn
- 1/4 c Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb Pork loin
- 1 EA Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 EA Mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 EA Habanero pepper, minced
- 1/2 EA Yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 EA Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Orange peel, dried
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 2 EA Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 2 c Pineapple, diced
- 1/4 c Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c Jalapeño, minced
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- In a medium bowl, add the pineapple, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Toss until well combined.
- Gently fold cubed avocado into the slaw mixture. Serve as needed.
- In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and orange peel.
- Cook on low heat for approx. 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Avo Cuban Street Tacos
- Assemble tacos by evenly distributing the pork onto each tortilla.
- Top with even amounts of slaw and sprinkle with cotija cheese. Serve as needed.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!