- 5 tablespoons granulated cane sugar
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 4 cups water, cold
- 8 Avocados From Mexico, very firm
- In a medium sauce pan, mix sugar, salt, and vinegar and caraway. Heat until over medium heat sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Add cold water to cool brine and set aside.
- Halve, pit and peel avocado, then grate on the largest holes of a box grater. Place grated avocado into a sealable 4 quart container.
- Pour cooled brine over coarse grated avocado. Place a folded sheet of parchment or cheesecloth over the top of the brine to ensure that avocado is completely submerged
- Seal container and chill in refrigerator for at least 6 hours to pickle avocado.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!