- 48 slices French toast, griddled and kept warm
- 3 lb. honey-baked ham, sliced
- 48 slices Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 quarts Fresh Avocado Strawberry Jam
How to make Summer Avocado Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Partially assemble sandwich in the following order: 1 slice French toast, 2 ounces honey-baked ham, 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese.
- Place partially assembled sandwich in oven at 375°F for 1-2 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Remove sandwich from oven and place one slice of French toast on top of cheese.
- Top fully assembled sandwich with 1/2 cup Fresh Avocado Strawberry Jam.
- Serve immediately.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!