- Banh Mi Sandwich
- 3 c. Serrano & Avocado Mignonette
- 24 French rolls
- 4 lb. grilled shrimp
- 1/2 c. Thai basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 c. cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. mint, finely chopped
- 3 quarts green cabbage
- 3 c. Chili Avocado Spread (recipe follows)
- Chili Avocado Spread
- 7 Avocados From Mexico, peeled, pitted, and smashed
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 ⅓ tsp. kosher salt
How to make Shrimp Banh Mi with Avocado
- Build each Banh Mi and avocado sandwich by assembling in the following order: 1 French roll, 2 tablespoons of Chili Avocado Spread, 6 pieces of grilled shrimp, 1 teaspoon each Thai basil, cilantro, and mint, 1/2 cup of shredded green cabbage, 2 tablespoons of Serrano & Avocado Mignonette.
- Chili Avocado Spread: Gently fold all ingredients together until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!