- 24 slices pumpernickel bread
- 12 T. butter, unsalted, softened
- 6 lb. deli corned beef, thin sliced
- 48 slices Swiss cheese, sliced
- 6 c. Avo-Sauerkraut
- 3 c. Thousand Island dressing
How to make Avocado Reubens
- Butter one side of each slice of pumpernickel bread. Lay 12 slices of bread on a sheet tray, buttered-side down.
- On each slice of bread, place 4 ounces corned beef and 2 slices Swiss.
- Place both layered bread slices in a 400°F oven to melt the cheese, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of Avo-Sauerkraut on top of melted cheese. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing on sauerkraut. Place top slice of bread on sandwich, buttered-side up.
- Griddle avocado sandwich on medium heat until bread is toasted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.