- 2 c. Avocados from Mexico, stage 4, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Basil leaves, fresh, chiffonade
- 1 tsp. Garlic, fresh, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. Pine nuts, toasted, whole (Garnish)
- In a medium bowl, fold together mashed avocado, basil, garlic, jalapeño, chopped pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, and kosher salt until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Transfer to container and press plastic wrap to the surface of the guacamole. Hold in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- When ready to use, transfer the Pesto Caprese Guacamole into a serving bowl and garnish with the toasted pine nuts.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!