- 2 c. Avocados From Mexico, stage 4, mashed
- 3/4 c. Cotija cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 c. Cream cheese
- 3/4 c. Queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 c. Jalapeño, small diced
- 1 1/2 c. Spiced Chip Mix, subrecipe
- Assorted vegetable crudité
- Spiced Chip Mix
- 6 oz Tortilla chips, crushed fine
- 1 t. Tajin
- 1 t. Chili powder
- 1 t. Cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 t. Salt, kosher
- In a stand mixer, whip avocado, cream cheese, cotija, and queso fresco until mixture is thoroughly combined. Gently fold in minced jalapeño.
- Place in a 3.5 in mold and place into a freezer for 20 mins.
- Take the jalapeño studded avo-cheese ball out of the mold. Gently roll the ball in a spiced tortilla chip crust.
- Serve with an assortment of crudité.
- Spiced Chip Mix: Toss chips in a small amount of oil. Toss lightly oiled chips in seasoning until completely covered. Reserve at room temperature until ready to use.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!