- Avocado French Onion Dip Serving
- 1 c. Avocado French Onion Dip (See Below)
- 1 T. Chives, Sliced
- 2 c. Potato Chips
- Avocado French Onion Dip
- 2 T. Butter
- 2 T. Vegetable Oil
- 2 c. Red Onion, 1/4" Sliced
- 2 c. White Onion, 1/4" Sliced
- 2 c. Yellow Onion, 1/4" Sliced
- 1/2 c. Shallot, 1/4" Sliced
- 6 ea. Fresh Thyme, Picked
- 1 T. Salt
- 1 c. Avocados From Mexico, Stage 4, Pureed
- 2 t. Lemon Juice
- 1 t. Salt
- 3/4 t. Thyme, Chopped
- Avocado French Onion Dip Serving Directions:
- Serve the Avocado French Onion Dip with fresh sliced chives and serve with potato chips on the side for dipping.
- Avocado French Onion Dip Directions:
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil until the butter begins to bubble.
- Add the onions, shallot, thyme, and 1 Tbsp of salt to the pan and slowly caramelize the mixture for 30-45 minutes until it is almost burnt. Be careful to scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to avoid it burning.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool completely; then roughly chop it.
- Whip together chopped onion mixture, pureed avocado, lemon juice, remaining salt, and chopped thyme until evenly combined.
- Reserve in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!