- 1 1/2 cups Yuzu Wasabi Guacamole, sub-recipe
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Yuzu Pearls, sub-recipe
- Wonton chips, sub-recipe
- Yuzu Wasabi Guacamole
- 1 1/2 cups Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 1/2 T. white onion, small diced
- 1 1/2 T. red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/4 t. wasabi paste
- 1 1/2 T. yuzu juice
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- Wonton Chips
- 4 each wonton wrappers, cut into 4 triangles
- 1 T. salt, kosher
- Yuzu Pearls
- 1/3 c. yuzu juice
- 1/4 t. agar agar
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil, chilled
- Place Yuzu Guacamole into a serving dish.
- Top with black sesame seeds and Yuzu pearls.
- Serve as needed with Wonton Chips.
- To finish, top each chip with 1 teaspoon of yuzu pearls.
- Yuzu Wasabi Guacamole: In a medium sized bowl combine avocado, red bell pepper, and white onion. Using a potato masher, mash ingredients until almost completely smooth. Stir in wasabi paste and yuzu juice until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Wonton Chips: Heat fryer to 350 degrees. Place triangle wonton wrappers in fryer and submerge in hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Immediately season chips with salt.
- Yuzu Pearls: Place vegetable oil in a tall metal container and place in the freezer until ready to use. In a small pot, combine yuzu juice and agar agar. On medium high heat, bring yuzu mixture to a boil and then simmer for 1-2 minutes or until agar agar is completely dissolved. Let the yuzu mixture come to room temperature. Once the mixture is room temperature, pull out the oil from the freezer. Using a dropper, drop yuzu mixture into cold oil, drip by drip (if the oil begins to warm, place it back in the freezer and start again once it is chilled). The balls will form and sink to the bottom of the oil. Strain yuzu pearls with a mesh strainer and rinse the oil off with cold water. Store yuzu pearls in water until ready to use.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!