- 1 cup Avocado mornay (recipe follows)
- 3 cups cavatappi , prepared
- 1/2 tsp pancetta , diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- Avocado mornay ingredients: (makes two cups)
- 1 1/2 cups Avocados From Mexico sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk , warmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese , grated
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté Avocado Mornay and cavatappi until heated through.
- Add pancetta and tomatoes and toss to coat with sauce.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
- Mix in avocado chunks if desired.
- Avocado Mornay Instructions: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly until the roux is pale yellow and frothy. Do not allow to brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk until well incorporated. Add salt, pepper and parmesan. Whisk until cheese is completely melted and well incorporated.
- In a food processor, process avocado for three minutes or until consistency is smooth and pureed.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add in Avocado Mornay
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!