- Avocado Red Mole and Carnitas Torta
- 24 each bolillo or small baguette, toasted
- 3 cups Avocado Red Mole
- 3 quarts carnitas, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, warmed
- 72 each Avocados From Mexico, stage 3, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Cilantro Hatch Green Chile Mayo, see related recipe
- 4 cups pickled red onions
- 1 1/2 cups cottage crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, picked
- Cilantro Hatch Green Chile Mayo
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup hatch green chile, roasted, small diced
- 4 each garlic clove
- Avocado Red Mole and Carnitas Torta Instructions: To build one Torta, brush one toasted Bolillo with 1 Tbsp. of Avocado Red Mole on the crown and heel. / Top with 1/2 cup of carnitas, 1 Tbsp. black beans, 3ea. Slices of avocado, 1 Tbsp. Cilantro Hatch Green Chile Mayo, approx. 2 Tbsp. of pickled red onions. / Garnish with 1 Tbsp. of Cotija crumbles and 1 Tbsp. of fresh picked cilantro leaves.
- Cilantro Hatch Green Chile Mayo Instructions: Add all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until uniform. / Reserve refrigerated until use.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!