- 1/2 rack of lamb frenched
- 1 Avocado From Mexico seeded & pureed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cups grated parmesan
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp panko/bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sprig parsley
- sprig thyme
- 1 kumamoto oyster
- 1 Avocado From Mexico
- 1/2 red pepper cubed
- 1/2 pineapple cubed
- 1/4 red onion cubed
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 2 tsp wasabi from a tube
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 6 tsp lemon juice
- 6 tsp sesame oil
- 10 tbsp cream cheese
- 10 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat outdoor grill to around 400°F.
- Season the rack of lamb with olive oil, sea salt and pepper all over.
- On the Stove , heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan and sear all sides of the meat until all is brown and seared. Remove the rack and cover the bones with foil. Brush the Avocado Wasabi mixture all over the meat.
- Place the lamb directly on grill grate meat side down. Roast on grill until the desired internal temperature is reached (Medium Rare – 125°-135°F). Immediately remove from grill and apply Avocado Wasabi mixture to the outer edges of the rack and roll the meat directly in the Panko Herb mixture coating and let rest for 5 min. Carve and Serve.
- For Avocado Wasabi Mixture: (Use a Blender) Combine Avocado from Mexico, Wasabi, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper For: Panko Herbs Mixture (Use a Blender) Combine Parmesan, chopped garlic, parsley, thyme, Panko/Bread Crumbs, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Place the washed shucked oyster directly on grill at high heat and cook until the oysters are just cooked through, curled around the edges and the butter is melted and bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove oyster from grill and save the buttery juices. Place oyster back in shell.
- Mix the red pepper, pineapple, red onion and saved buttery oyster juice. Place a spoonful, in the with the oyster. Add AvoEspuma and Sweet Chili sauce carefully in the shell.
- For the Avocado Espuma (Make in Advance) Blend all ingredients together and put into a 0.5 L Whipper. Use 1 cream charger and shake vigorously. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Special occasions call for special meals – and this is one of them! This is a savory recipe that puts a unique spin on the classic formal dish. Buttery avocado paired with rich lamb is a combination that most overlook, but it shouldn’t be ignored.
What does lamb taste like?
Because of its high fat content, lamb usually has a richer flavor than most would expect. Some people describe it as tasting like beef, but a little bit “gamey”, for lack of a better term.
What do you serve with a rack of lamb?
Try serving your rack of lamb with some fresh greens as a side, like this caprese salad with avocado. For dessert, these avocado chocolate cupcakes will sweeten things up!
What is the difference between lamb and sheep?
The only difference between lamb and sheep is age. Sheep are over one year of age; lambs are less than one year of age.
What is the difference between lamb and mutton?
The difference between lamb and mutton is like the difference between lamb and sheep - age. Mutton is meat from a sheep that is over two years old. It’s typically not as tender as lamb or sheep meat.