- French Toast Stuffed With Avocado
- 12 ea. Challah or Brioche, Sliced
- 3/4 c. Avocados From Mexico, Stage 3, Mashed
- 1/2 t. Kosher Salt
- 1 t. Black Pepper, Ground
- 3 ea. Large Eggs, Beaten
- 3/4 c. Whole Milk
- 3 T. Butter, Unsalted
- To Taste Fruit Jam
- To Taste Maple Syrup
- French Toast Stuffed With Avocado Directions:
- Carefully slice into each piece of bread to create a pocket for the mashed avocado.
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tbsp of avocado mash inside the pocket of each piece of bread.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and dredge both sides of each bread slice in the mix.
- For each batch of 4 slices, heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the bread slices in the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden in color.
- Remove from heat and serve 2 slices of French toast on each plate. Serve with syrup or fruit jam.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!