When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 1-1/2 c. finely shredded coconut, packed
- 1 t. butter
- 2/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 t. ground cardamom
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & puréed
- 1/3 c. shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 c. cashews, roasted and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the finely shredded coconut and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the moisture from the coconut evaporates.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and cardamom; stir to combine. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture becomes very thick and begins to form a ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool. When cooled, fold in puréed avocado.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll avocado coconut balls in toasted shredded coconut and cashews.
- Place on a line baking sheet and refrigerate until set.