If you need a quick bite-size dessert for your kids or friends, these no-bake avocado coconut bites are a win! Made with avocado and fresh coconut and rolled in cashews and toasted coconut, they are a heavenly sweet taste to your taste buds!
- 1-1/2 c. finely shredded coconut, packed
- 1 t. butter
- 2/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 t. ground cardamom
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & puréed
- 1/3 c. shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 c. cashews, roasted and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the finely shredded coconut and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the moisture from the coconut evaporates.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and cardamom; stir to combine. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture becomes very thick and begins to form a ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool. When cooled, fold in puréed avocado.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll avocado coconut balls in toasted shredded coconut and cashews.
- Place on a line baking sheet and refrigerate until set.