Two of my favorite green ingredients together make for the smoothest and nuttiest sweet ice cream ever. The lime juice gives it a nice splash of tangy flavor. Plus, avocados and pistachios love the company of citrus.
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 T. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 ea. 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2/3 c. raw pistachios, finely chopped
- In the jar of a blender, place the diced avocado, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, milk and heavy cream. Puree until completely smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and incorporate the pistachios. Cover and chill until ready to make the ice cream.
- Process the avocado mix in you ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in the freezer for a couple hours for firmer ice cream.