Fill your next avocado with a pan-fried egg and top with creamy queso fresco cheese and flavorful salsa for the perfect breakfast! It is satisfying, filling and so easy! Pair with a cup of fresh fruit to start your morning off right!
- 2 ea. large eggs
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved
- 4 T. salsa
- 1-1/2 T. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 T. lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out some flesh from each avocado half, leaving around 1/2 inch of flesh still in the shell. Chop up the scooped out flesh and toss it in bowl with lime juice, and set aside.
- Place the avocado halves on a parchment sheet pan lined with foil.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl, and only pour what fits into one avocado half, including the yolk. Crumple and bend extra foil underneath the avocado half as needed to keep it level so the egg doesn't fall out. Repeat with second egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake eggs until whites are set and yolk is to your desired doneness, approximately 15 and 20 minutes.
- To serve, place the baked avocado eggs on a plate, then top with salsa, chopped avocado and cheese.