Fill your next omelet with an avocado, tomato, cilantro mixture and cheese to create a breakfast you will want to wake up to! Or you can even pair it with a fresh green salad and call it dinner! Incorporating fresh Hass avocados in your family's everyday recipes helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake. They're delicious, heart-healthy, and a source of naturally good fats.
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled & diced
- 1 ea. large tomato, seeded & diced
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. cilantro, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 8 ea. large eggs, beaten
- 4 t. vegetable oil
- 1 c. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together avocado, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a medium skillet. Pour in half the beaten eggs. Using a non-stick spatula, gently push cooked portions of egg from the edges to the center while tilting the skillet so the uncooked eggs can reach the hot surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan, and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on the omelet. Add half the avocado salsa to one half of the omelet; fold the other half over the filling.
- Repeat for the second omelet.
Fill your next omelet with an avocado, tomato, cilantro mixture and cheese to create a breakfast you will want to wake up to! Or you can even pair it with one of our avocado salad recipes and call it dinner! Incorporating fresh Hass avocados in your family’s everyday recipes helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake.
What goes in an omelet?
Omelets can include all of your favorite toppings, but we enjoy stuffing ours with shredded cheese, avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro. To finish, a little lime juice and salt on top will bring this breakfast dish together wonderfully.
What is the difference between an omelet and a frittata?
What separates an omelet and a frittata is that the frittata fillings are mixed in with the eggs in the pan rather than folded in the center. They typically include similar ingredients.
How do you make omelets fluffy?
If you’re looking to make your omelets fluffy, try adding a little bit of milk. Most restaurants add either a couple of spoons of milk or even water for fluffiness.