Sugar, spice and all things nice are staples for this bread! Made with avocado, ginger, pecans and more, this gingerbread can be breakfast, dessert or a snack!
- 3 ea. eggs
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 c. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 3/4 c. pecans, chopped
- 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t. salt
- Non-stick cooking spray to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a handheld mixer, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the mashed avocado.
- Stir the buttermilk and flour mixture into the egg-avocado mixture, until well combined. Add the vanilla extract. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.