- 2 medium Avocados From Mexico
- 4 small eggs
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (or 1 lime)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Optional: Serve with chopped cilantro or chives chopped tomatoes, hot sauce.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scrape out the center of each halved avocado so that there is room for 1 egg (1-1/2 Tbsp).
- Using fresh lime juice, squeeze over the avocado halves and season lightly with salt. Place avocados in a shallow baking pan so that they are supported and will not tip over.
- Crack eggs carefully into a medium bowl and keep yolks in tact. Once you have cracked all of your eggs, carefully spoon each yolk out of the bowl and place one in each half of an avocado. You can add remaining egg whites as desired and as space permits.
- Gently place baking pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Check eggs to see if they are cooked so that the egg white is not runny. Remove from the oven and garnish with salt, pepper and paprika.