This Avocado Toast recipe is simple and delicious!
The avocado contributes to nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a great snack any time of day!
WHAT IS AVOCADO TOAST?
Avocado toast is a type of toast that is topped with fresh avocados. The avocado topping is typically mashed, and seasoned with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 medium sized Avocado From Mexico
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice to taste
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO TOAST
- Toast 1 slice of whole wheat bread in toaster to desired crispiness.
- In small bowl, mash 1/3rd of the medium sized avocado
- Evenly distribute 1/3rd of the mashed avocado on each slice of toast.
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, and lime juice
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AVOCADO TOAST
WHO INVENTED AVOCADO TOAST?
Chloe Osborne is often referred to as the inventor of avocado toast. It’s said that she put avocado toast on her restaurant menu after she tried in Queensland, Australia in the mid-1970s.
WHY IS AVOCADO TOAST SO POPULAR?
Avocado toast is popular because it’s delicious, easy to make, and nutritious! Did you know that avocados are a good source of fiber? It’s true! Avocados contain 3 grams of fiber per the recommended 1/3rd of a medium-sized avocado serving.