Get all the flavor of jalapeño poppers plus the creaminess of avocado with these quick, and easy appetizer boats. Add a little kick to any party!
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese , softened
- 2 cans Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 Avocado From Mexico , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile , halved lengthwise, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper. Brush outsides of boats with melted butter.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning mix with whisk. Divide evenly among boats; spread to smooth. Place filled boats on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until filling is hot and boats are toasted.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, gently mix avocado, jalapeño chile, lime juice and salt. Spoon avocado mixture into boats. Top with bacon. Serve warm.