When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 3 ea. eggs
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 c. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 3/4 c. pecans, chopped
- 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t. salt
- Non-stick cooking spray to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a handheld mixer, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the mashed avocado.
- Stir the buttermilk and flour mixture into the egg-avocado mixture, until well combined. Add the vanilla extract. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.