- 1 piece whole Cuban bread or baguette French bread
- 1 pound of cooked sliced ham
- 1 pound roasted sliced pork
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of sliced pickles
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Avocado From Mexico
- Preheat the griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Cut the bread in half lengthwise (the length of the Cuban sandwich is usually 10-inch). Spread the mustard on one of the halves of bread. Then put a layer of pickles, a layer of slices of ham, then a layer of pork and Swiss cheese. In the other half of bread spread mashed avocado.
- Cover the griddle or skillet with butter or spray oil. Place the sandwich on the hot surface. Try to flatten it the most you can putting a dish or heavy skillet on top of the sandwich. Leave the pan or dish on top of the sandwich of two to three minutes. Then turn the sandwich over and repeat this step for the other side. Make sure that the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Cut the sandwich in half diagonally and serve immediately.