- 1 Avocado From Mexico halved pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sweet red bell pepper Chopped
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ½Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 8 Hotdogs Knockwurst or other fully cooked sausage
- 8 hot dog buns
- To prepare Avocado Relish: In a small bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and ground red pepper; gently stir in avocado.
- Meanwhile, preheat a counter-top or charcoal grill; cook hot dogs until hot and lightly browned, about 5 minutes (alternatively, cook over medium heat in a large skillet, turning once).
- Spread cut sides of buns with mustard.
- Place hot dogs in buns; spoon Avocado Relish on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.