- Avocado Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 8 ea. pickles, round slices
- 4 ea. roast pork slices, 1 oz. per slice
- 4 ea. ham slices, 1 oz. per slice
- 4 ea. Swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1/2 ea. Cuban bread loaf
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- Mash the 1/2 avocado and stir it into the 3 tablespoons mayonnaise. Set aside for the sandwich.
- Slice the half loaf of Cuban bread in half, horizontally. Brush the top and bottom of the bread with the melted butter.
- On the top half of the bread, spread the avocado mayonnaise on the inside part of loaf. On the bottom half of the bread, spread the Dijon mustard on the inside part.
- On each half of the bread, layer half of the roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickle rounds and sliced avocado. Carefully put the halves together.
- Place the sandwich on a large skillet that's been heated on medium. Use a heavy pot or cast-iron skillet to press the sandwich down so that it toasts on the bottom. Leave the sandwich on that side for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown, before turning the sandwich over and repeating the process for an additional 3-4 minutes. Both sides of the sandwich should be toasted and the cheese melting.
- Cut in half and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!