If plain ole chicken has your taste buds complaining, dazzle your next chicken sandwich with guasacaca sauce! Avocado blended with onion, garlic, green pepper, parsley and cilantro provides the perfect sauce to elevate your chicken sandwich from okay to delicious! Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 4 ea. 6-inch baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ea. chicken breast, cooked & sliced
- 4 ea. lettuce leaves
- 8 ea. slices of tomato
- Guasacaca Sauce:
- 2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1 ea. small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1 ea. small green pepper
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 1/2 c. parsley
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a blender, add the avocados, onions, garlic, green pepper, cilantro, and parsley; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, layer lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken breast on the bottom half of the baguette. Pour guasacaca sauce over chicken and cover with baguette top.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!