- 1 ea. 5-ounce can tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1/2 c. celery, minced
- 1/4 c. red onion, minced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 2 t. cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 ea. slices of whole grain bread
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados. Add tuna, celery, onions, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro (or parsley), salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
- To assemble, evenly spread avocado and tuna salad on 2 slices of bread and cover with remaining bread slices.