- 1 cup wild rice rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, diced, 1 pound
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat diced
- 1 Avocado From Mexico halved, pitted, meat scooped out and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 6 scallions white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups salted water to a boil. Add rice, stir, cover, bring to a boil again, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and grains barely starting to open. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain. Set aside.
- In same saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat, add diced sweet potato and cook until soft and tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Incorporate the cranberries and let them sit in the vinaigrette, while you assemble the rest of the ingredients. Add the rice, sweet potato, turkey, avocado, red bell pepper, celery and half the scallions and toss well. Taste for salt, add more if need be. Garnish with rest of the scallions and serve.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the sherry vinegar with the oils, salt and pepper.