- 1 lb. salted codfish, boneless
- 1 ea. tomato, diced
- 1 ea. red onion, diced
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño
- 2/3 ea. limes, juiced
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. adobo
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and boil codfish for 30 minutes. Remove the water and fill pot with fresh water and and boil again for another 30 minutes. Drain water and let the codfish cool.
- Roughly chop the codfish and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, avocados, jalapeños, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, adobo, salt and pepper to taste and toss together until well combined. Evenly distribute between 4 plates and serve.
Cod salad is a simple dish that we feel is so underrated! Perfect for a summer day or even a cold winter afternoon – this recipe is a hit all year. Try serving it on top of crackers or with your favorite avocado dinner recipe.
How do you defrost cod?
To defrost your cod, place your frozen cod in an airtight, leak-proof plastic bag. Submerge the bag in cold tap water and be sure to change the water every 30 minutes. This method takes around 1 hour or less for small packages of cod (about a pound).
What does cod taste like?
In most cases, cod has a very mild, almost creamy flavor - some even say it tastes a bit like chicken (which is why we love pairing it with avocados)! Most say that Atlantic cod is usually a bit sweeter and a little softer than Pacific cod.
What do you serve with cod?
Cod pairs well with many different flavors. What you chose to serve cod with really depends on your preferences. Some enjoy pairing cod with grilled vegetables, others enjoy pairing cod with whole grains.