- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 3 ripe Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño chile stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tomato cored and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- Cook bacon in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate; set aside. Halve 1 avocado, remove pit, and scoop flesh into medium bowl. Add cilantro, jalapeño, onion, lime juice, garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and cumin and mash with potato masher or fork until mostly smooth.
- Halve and pit remaining 2 avocados. Carefully make ½-inch crosshatch incisions in flesh with butter knife, cutting down to but not through skin. Insert spoon between skin and flesh, gently scoop out avocado cubes, and add to mashed mixture. Add tomato and bacon and gently mash until mixture is well combined but still coarse. Season with salt to taste. Serve.
- Store guacamole for up to 24 hours by pressing plastic wrap directly against its surface.
- Recipe from our partners at Cook’s Country from America’s Test Kitchen.
- Photo: Joe Keller