Whip up a batch of these treats easily by using ripe avocados as part of your baking repertoire! Made with flour, butter, walnuts and vanilla, the simple ingredients in these cookies will make them a staple in your home.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. walnuts (or pecans), chopped
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. salt
- Confectioners' sugar or sprinkles, to garnish to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cream together with avocado and butter with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Mix together until there are no visible big chunks of avocado or butter.
- Crack eggs into mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Mix walnuts into dough mixture until combined. Roll dough into small balls 1/2 to 1-inch thick. If desired, coat in powdered sugar or colored sprinkles.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly browned. Cool on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.