Coated with dark chocolate, these mints made from avocado, Tahitian vanilla beans, peppermint extract and white chocolate are the perfect holiday party starter or a yummy bite to satisfy your sweet tooth after dinner.
- 17-1/2 oz. white chocolate
- 1 ea. Tahitian vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. Avocado From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- 30 oz. dark chocolate
- In a blender, add the heavy cream and avocado, blend until smooth.
- Strain avocado and cream mixture and pour into a saucepan. Heat until scalded.
- Pour hot avocado and cream mixture over the white chocolate and mix until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in seeds from vanilla bean and peppermint extract until well combined.
- Let cool then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When mixture is semi-hardened, scoop and roll into 1/2-inch balls, then flatten into discs. Place discs onto a lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler tempered to 88-90°F.
- Dip frozen avocado peppermint discs into the melted dark chocolate. Place back onto the lined baking sheet to set and cool.