- 2 Avocados From Mexico pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce seeded and chopped
- 8 oz Mexican chorizo fresh uncooked, casing removed, coarsely chopped
- Chips or vegetable sticks optional
- In bowl, combine the avocados, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and chipotle; mash until combined but still chunky.*
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chorizo, with a wooden spoon, break chorizo into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Cook and stir until brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chorizo onto guacamole. Service with chips or raw vegetable sticks if desired.
- *Can be prepared up to 12 hours in advance if covered and stored in the refrigerator.