- 2 Avocados From Mexico halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 16-ounce refried beans
- 12 prepared tostada shells from a 4.5-ounce package*
- Meat and vegetable toppings
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss avocados with lime juice and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, warm refried beans.
- Spread each tostada shell with about 2 tablespoons refried beans, spreading beans to the edges. Spoon about 1/4 cup avocado mixture over beans.
- In small bowls, offer toppings such as: shredded barbecued beef or pork, shredded iceberg lettuce, grated Jack cheese, prepared salsa, chopped tomato, sliced green onions, sliced radishes, olives and corn kernels.
- *If prepared tostadas are not available, arrange corn tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 450°F oven until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.