- 4 in Sweet Bell Peppers slicedhalf lengthwise (2 green, 2 red)
- 1 tb 30% reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef 10% fat
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded, 1/2 cup
- 2 large tomatoes chopped (or substitute with prepared salsa)
- 2 medium ripe Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt or use non-fat sour cream
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the inside of the pepper and slice in half, lengthwise.
- Prepare taco meat: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat.Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes prior to stuffing peppers.
- Stuff peppers with cooked taco meat.Top stuffed peppers with shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro and a spoonful of sour cream. Serve and enjoy!