Mix it Up on Cinco de Mayo with these Avocado-based Salsas
Posted April 6, 2018
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, your restaurant not only needs to prepare for an influx of customers but might want to spice up its menu, too.
Salsa is, of course, a must. So, take a break from that same old salsa that’s always on your menu, and, instead, make it an avotastic Cinco with one of these salsas that your customers will love to dip, or as a flavorful twist to some of your signature entrees.
Creamy Avocado Salsa
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pit your avocados and scoop out the flesh
- Peel and wash your tomatillos
- Cut the stem off of your serrano chile
- Peel your garlic clove
- Squeeze the juice from your lime into a blender
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and mix until smooth
- If the mixture is too thick, add 2 tbsp. of water at a time to reach desired consistency
- Chill for at least one hour
- Add salt to taste
Avocado & Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 habanero chile
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the peel and dice the flesh
- Peel your mango, remove the pit and dice the flesh
- Dice your onion
- Chop your cilantro finely
- Remove the stem and seeds from your habanero chile and mince
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir, careful not to smash your avocado and mango chunks
- Serve chilled
Spicy Avocado Salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Separately, chop tomato, onion and cilantro.
- Mince serrano pepper.
- Halve avocados, discard pits and peel, and chop flesh into chunks.
- Place avocados and lime juice in a bowl and stir lightly to coat, leaving avocados mostly chunky.
- Add tomato, onion, pepper, cilantro and olive oil and stir lightly to combine.
- Serve chilled.