The New Year means new resolutions, and often, dietary changes and weight loss goals. After over-indulging in holiday goodies, many restaurant patrons will be keeping a closer eye on their waistlines and becoming warier of their food choices. Luckily, healthy avocados provide nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and beneficial plant compounds that can enhance the nutrient quality of the die! With filling fiber 11% per 50g serving, and 6g of good fats, avocados are sure to stand out as a healthy menu pick.
These delicious green gems will dress up your salads, “healthify” your sauces and condiments, and make healthy menu choices a no-brainer for patrons.
Whatever dish you’re pairing these sauces and condiments with, they’re sure to make healthy dishes on your menu stand out. Healthy choices don’t have to be boring when you enlist in the creatively delicious power of Avocados From Mexico.
1/2 English cucumber, rough grated
3 Avocados From Mexico
2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt, plain
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, rough chopped
3/4 tablespoons kosher salt
1/3 tablespoons black pepper, ground
1 teaspoon granulated garlic, dried
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1. Place rough grated cucumber in a fine mesh sieve and press out as much liquid as possible. Place the pressed cucumber in a large bowl.
2. Add all remaining ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well incorporated.
Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
5 Avocados From Mexico, pitted and diced
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon garlic, peeled, minced
3 tablespoons jalapeños, seeded, minced
1 1/2 cups cilantro, stems removed, finely chopped
3/4 cup flat leaf parsley, stems removed, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine diced avocado, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, garlic, shallot, jalapeño, cilantro, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil.
2. Cover and keep refrigerated at 40F until use.
Citrus Basil Avocado Mousse
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 tablespoon honey
3 1/2 cups Avocados From Mexico, pureed
1/4 cup, packed fresh basil leaves, whole
1. Measure all ingredients into a blender
2. Pulse blender until basil leaves are finely chopped and incorporated in puree.