- 4 picked over
- 3 cut into small pieces
- 3 fresh squeezed
- 2 chopped
- 1 minced, including seeds, (or to taste)
- 1 mild
- 2 canned, minced, including sauce
- 1/4 or 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Check All
- Mix the seafood together with the orange juice, cilantro, fresh chile, oil, chipotle and salt. Let the mixture marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Make the classic guacamole, reserving the sprinkled cilantro. With a slotted spoon, transfer about half of the seafood mixture into the guacamole, and stir.
- Season to taste with additional salt, then garnish with the remaining seafood mixture and the reserved cilantro.
- The seafood mixture and the guacamole (with a piece of plastic wrap pressed against the surface) can be stored separately in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- Let the guacamole come to room temperature and let the seafood mixture stand at room temperature just long enough to take some of the chill off before you assemble and serve the guacamole.