- Mash the onion, chile, salt (the coarseness of kosher salt will help you make the paste), and half of the cilantro to a paste in a molcajete or mortar.
- You can also mince and mash the ingredients together on a cutting board with a large knife or a fork, and then transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Score the flesh in the avocado halves in a crosshatch pattern (not through the skin) with a knife and then scoop it with a spoon into the mortar or bowl.
- Add the rest of the cilantro and most of the almonds and blue cheese, toss well, and mash coarsely with a pestle or fork.
- Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt.
- Garnish with the rest of the almonds and blue cheese.
- This guacamole is best served right away.